Water saving ideas and devices is no longer a nice-to-have, it is a NECESSICITY IN SOUTH AFRICA!
IT IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY TO DO THEIR PART TO SAVE WATER WHERE WE CAN! Time is running out.
Where can the icy diverter be used?
- The Icy Diverter can be installed in ANY existing shower or at ANY basin with a hot water supply!
- Children Friendly – Ideal / simple / cheap solution for kids to do their part to save water, install Icy Diverter in showers of boarding schools, school ablution facilities etc.
- Holiday makers – Ideal / simple / cheap solution for B&B , hotels, holiday resorts, self-catering units etc.
- Hair salons – How much water is wasted daily at water basins, when waiting for water to heat up and mixing ideal water temperature before washing clients’ hair?
- Green / environmentally friendly /building projects.
- Low cost housing projects.
- Remote rural residents / farms in water scarce areas.
- Any existing domestic residence OR any new building.
- The kiddies’string makes it within in reach of wheel chair users as well.
Amount of Water you can save with the ICY DIVERTER
Household of two people – Saving about 8 – 16L / day or 3000 – 6000L annually
Household of 6 people – Saving 24 – 48L / day or 9000 – 17 500L annually
Did you know?
These water savings represents +/- 10% of all the potable water used in your household!
Now imagine the HUGE water savings it will have in public ablution facilities like holiday resorts or boarding schools!
Ideas for efficiently re-using the saved water
When the Icy Diverter is activated (button pushing IN), it automatically diverts / reroutes the cold water to any versatile, innovative water savings system / option / product that suits your needs.
Many options exist to collect or re-use this water e.g.
1) divert back into your rain water harvesting holding tank
2) or into any water reservoir tank that is connected to your household water supply
3) or collect the cold potable (drinking) water directly into a clean reservoir bottle inside the shower, close the bottle after collection, before showering. When full, use to top up fridge’s drinking water dispenser at the end of every day
4) or into a reservoir bottle that is connected prior to the supply water to the geyser
5) or routing it directly to the toilet cistern
6) or diverting it outside the house for garden irrigation or topping up your pool
7) or to water trough for livestock on farms or for outside pets
8) or for rinse water in washing machine or dish washer etc.